so without further ado, here is the thankful thirteen january list:
- of course, i have to start off by saying i'm thankful for another year God has given me. i hope that is not too general, but it's a true statement.
- a God who will never leave me or forsake me.
- the fact that Christ rescued me AND delights in me.
- confidence that God hears my prayers.
- latte art. (duh)
- target clearance.
- contacts. (i've worn them for 10+ years, but two different eye wear situations this month made me extra thankful that contacts are available)
- an unexpected saturday morning coffee date with my momma.
- an unexpected donut party.
- a "rainbow connection" moment. explanation- i'm doing the dishes with penelope sitting on the counter & playing in the bubbly water. i start singing quietly & to myself, "why are there so many.." penelope instantly chimes in & sings "...songs about rainbows." something about the way she sings "rainbows" is just the most adorable thing.... that & the fact it was totally unexpected. side note: i'm starting to think i must have a thing for the unexpected
- a new millennium falcon shirt. it's probably so incredibly lame to even put that on the list, but if you saw the shirt & knew all about my excitement, you would probably agree that it needed to be on this list.
- almond syrup (again, probably lame, but so necessary)
- this verse.
...and there is my first little list. i hope when i look back it doesn't sound materialistic or selfish, but the Bible calls us to be thankful in ALL things & i think that can include even the little, silly things HE blesses us with. =)