SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 12, 2013

shadows.

Psalm 17:8 ~ "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings"

Psalm 36:7 ~ "How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings."

Psalm 57:1 ~ "Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by." 

Psalm 63:7 ~ "for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy" 

Psalm 91:1 ~ "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty."

notice a theme? currently reading through the psalms & sometimes certain things just stand out to you for no apparent reason. well, this phrase "shadow of your wings" jumped out to me.  these words are referring to the protective care a parent bird has for its young.  what does it mean to be hidden under the shadow of the Lord's wings? it means we are safe. it means we are protected. it means we are secure. it means HE is our refuge. it means we take comfort in HIS sovereignty. thank you, Lord!

sdg,
maggi